- Contact by e-mail
- Please bear with me if I cannot reply
- WhatsApp, Signal or phone
- Zoom meetings
- Invitations to social media sites
Contact by e-mail
If you would like to contact me to ask any question about the teachings of Bhagavan Ramana, you can e-mail me at ‘michael at happinessofbeing dot com’.
Please bear with me if I cannot reply
I am sorry to say that I cannot reply to all the e-mails I receive, because I receive so many every day that I simply do not have time to reply to most of them. Nevertheless, I do in principle like to reply to all of them, particularly those that ask for clarification about the practice of ātma-vicāra or any other important aspect of Bhagavan’s teachings, so I will certainly try to reply any e-mail that you write to me if I have time to do so. Therefore, if you have an important question to ask me, please do not hesitate to write to me, but please bear with me if I am not able to reply.
WhatsApp, Signal or phone
The easiest way for me to reply to questions is orally, so if you use either WhatsApp or Signal (of if you use neither but live in the UK) I am more likely to be able to reply to you if you give me your phone number and tell me which of these two apps you use. Generally I reply to questions by leaving voice messages on these apps while I am going on my daily walk, but if you prefer I can phone you via either of these apps (or directly if you live in the UK).
Once I have replied to you using either of these apps you will have my phone number, but please do not phone me without prior arrangement, because I may be in a Zoom meeting, engaged in other work or sleeping. If you wish to talk with me, please send me a message asking me to call you and indicating what times of day would be convenient for you and what time zone you are in, and I will then try to phone you at a time that is convenient for both of us. Alternatively I can leave you a voice message when I start for my walk telling you that I will be free for the next hour or so, in which case if you are free you may call me at that time.
If you know my phone number, please do not share it publicly, and if anyone asks you for my phone number or other contact details, please do not give them my phone number but only my email address.
Another way in which you can ask me questions is by joining any of the public Zoom meetings I participate in every month, such as:
- On the first Saturday of each month at 9am Central Time I talk with Sri Ramana Center of Houston, so if you would like to join those meetings you can write to them at [email protected]utlook.com.
- On the first Sunday of each month at 10am Pacific Time I talk with the Ramana Satsang group in San Diego, whom you can contact by requesting to join their Googlegroup: ramana-satsang-sd.
- On the second and last Saturdays of each month at 2pm UK time I talk with the Ramana Maharshi Foundation UK, so if you would like to join those meetings you can write to them at [email protected].
- On the second Sunday of each month at 5.15pm India Standard Time I talk with Sri Ramana Kendra, Delhi, which they stream live on their YouTube channel, so anyone can watch the live stream and participate by asking questions in the live chat. If you want to receive notifications about these meetings, you may write to the Secretary, Anuraag Sunder, at [email protected].
Invitations to social media sites
I often receive invitations to join as a ‘friend’ on one of the various social media sites such as Facebook, but I do not have time to participate in such sites, so please do not send me any such invitation. I used to reply to all such invitations, explaining why I decline them, but now I do not have time to do so, so please do not expect a response if you do send me any such invitation.